Monday, August 07, 2006

Law & Order Overkill

I was slightly worried on Saturday that I wouldn't get to watch many detective programmes this weekend as I had quite a lot of other things to do. However, I needn't have feared as I did manage to watch several episodes of Law & Order.


The first episode on Saturday night was from the original Law & Order. The opening scene was rather grainy, so I made the bold prediction to my OH that it was an old episode (he prefers the older series so I did think it would keep him onside). I couldn't have been more wrong. It was so new, they even mentioned blackberries - as in the technology, not the fruit. It was a pretty good episode - the main interest coming from a gang boss and his son trying to play the system to get off with a murder charge.


Next we watched another episode of Special Victims Unit. A body of an Eastern European immigrant was found in a garden - it had been there about 3 years. The woman was a twin. As soon as this was revealed, I guessed that there was going to have been a switch - the old switcheroo as I called it to my OH who looked bemused. It also involved a doctor, a dentist, a diplomat and wife-beater with his mail order bride. I dozed slightly and missed the ending, but my OH told me who did it.


As I was sleepy, I moved into the bedroom, where my only option was to watch yet more CVU on Channel 5. I came in half way through the episode and fell asleep before it finished, but frankly it was a relief as what I did see of it, the plot involved men illegally adopting children so they could abuse them. Far too disturbing for me - as I've said before, I prefer a good murder.


I watched another L&O last night, but I'm struggling to remember now what it was about as I think I've had L&O Overkill (which isn't a bad name for a series, if Dick Wolf fancies doing another spin-off).

No comments: