Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another Quirky Detective

I just saw an episode of Pushing Daisies. I'd not seen it before and had no idea that it featured a detective. Not just any detective, but a knitting detective by the name of Emerson Cod.

The episode was called "Smell of Success" and involved the death of a woman by the means of an exploding scratch & sniff book.

I don't mind a bit of quirky and kooky but this was too much. It was all too quirky and all too kooky and all so sickly sweet. I like things with a bit more grit.

Of course, I have been known to completely change my mind about programmes (Psych and Ironside for example) but I'm not sure it will happen with this one.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I agree on the too quirky and kooky thing, though I have been watching every episode out of duty, as it's a death/popular culture thing. It reminds me a bit of Twin Peaks and Tim Burton films, but would have been much less saccharine if either Lynch or Burton had made it. But I will carry on watching it.

SandDancer said...

That is a good point. I would love to see what either of those directors would have done with an episode of it. They would undoubtedly have made it darker which I think would improve it.