Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fair Cops

So which television detective do you fancy? Its a puerile question, but one that I've been pondering a while.


Here are my top 6 (I did have five but I thought of someone else!) that I wouldn't mind being hand-cuffed to! Be warned I have strange taste.


6. Jeff Randall in Randall & Hopkirk Deceased (Mike Pratt)
His partner may be the more traditionally good-looking, but there is something about Randall's craggy face that I find attractive. I also love his 60s bachelor pad. He's the one not wearing a white suit, in case you don't know.







5. Rebus (John Hannah)
John Hannah era only. Ken Stott is a good actor, but even I'm not going there. I think the Scottish accent holds a lot of the appeal.









4. Shaun in Psych (James Roday)
I've actually checked and in real life he is only a year younger than me (I thought he was a lot younger), so I don't feel so bad about fancying him. I find him very funny, which is probably much of the appeal, but he has a nice line in t-shirts too.






3. Mike Kellerman in Homocide Life on the Streets
I've already rambled about this before. He lunges from one crisis to another, completely out of control, but I like that.







2. Sgt Ed Brown in Ironside (Don Galloway)
Not my type in real life as he looks like he's stepped out of a catelogue but ridiculously good looking.










1. Sam in Life on Mars (John Simm)
I've alway liked John Simm, but put him in 1970s clothes, and its even better.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I've been thinking about this all afternoon, and my top 5 are:

1. Sgt. Stone (The Bill) even though he's a bit of a dodgy character...

2. Greg in CSI Las Vegas.

3. Sgt. Ed Brown in Ironside. I agree, very stylish!

4. Det. Flack (Eddie Cahill) in CSI:NY, in the earlier series when he had a longer, floppier, less neat haircut and I could bear to watch it.

5. Tom Ward in Silent Witness.

The one I find the cheesiest as he's always chatting women up is the sidekick in Perry Mason, that man with the 80s pushed up jacket sleeves and a hint of a mullet. Ugh...

I'd watch all these programmes anyway, but some actors are a bonus!

SandDancer said...

Shamefully I don't think I know your other choices. Must investigate them.

I agree about the Perry Mason sidekick. He is awful, but always manages to have some liaison with a witness.