Saturday, May 16, 2009

Crossover

I caught one of the Law & Order meets Homicide Life on the Streets crossover episodes the last night. A woman living in Baltimore was murdered and her body dumped in New York which brought together the two squads. And gave the writers a great excuse to bring together Det John Munch with Det Lennie Briscoe, two of my favourite ever characters. The old hands paired off leading to some great banter for example discussing the victim:

Munch: She was a blonde
Briscoe: Top and bottom
Munch: That's what I like about you. You're succinct.

Even minor characters joined in. The investigation takes them to a lesbian bar:

Munch: I never believe a woman is a lesbian until she has personally rejected me.
Female in bar: You must know a lot of lesbians.

Det Rey Curtis was left to partner Det Rene Sheppard, who didn't seem pleased about it.

Curtis: Last time I was with Falsone. This is an improvement
Sheppard: You think?
Curtis: You're taller at least.

Unfortunately the screen chemistry was ruined when it moved over the lawyers section with Sam Waterstone draining the episode of any interest, but it was brilliant while it lasted.

No comments: