Thursday, August 21, 2008

Heaven

Unless it had magically appeared like the shop Mr Ben visits, I must have walked past it a hundred times before, but I didn't notice it until yesterday.

Murder One Bookshop on Charing Cross Road.

Perhaps its window display had previously been crime books so I hadn't paid it so much attention. But yesterday, the display was a glorious selection of DVDs.


I never thought a stack of Bergerac DVDs would make my pulse quicken. Actually, until yesterday I didn't know there were any Bergerac DVDs. And there at the bottom, Ironside Season 2, presumably a USA import.


So many detectives, but alas I've so little money. Next month I will return with my wages, but until then is there any harm in browsing?

2 comments:

Claire said...

Lovely discovery to make, I too go past it a lot and never go in, but if you spotted an Ironside DVD then I'm tempted. lol at the idea of Bergerac making your pulse quicken too!

Actually, did it used to be over the road, also selling romance novels or some other unlikely product range? I went to a book launch there years ago after hours, I didn't browse as was more interested in trying to work out which of the guests were from the 'other side of the law'...

SandDancer said...

It is mainly books inside amd it is half romances which I didn't realise until I entered. It does seem a bizarre combination. It has a Sherlock Holmes in the window which is pretty distinctive too.