Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Song of the Week: Echo and the Bunnymen "The Killing Moon"




Another tenuous choice - nowt to do with detectives, but it has the word "killing" in the title and was used in the film "Grosse Point Blank" which is about a hitman According to Wikipedia, Ian McCulloch told Smash Hits magazine that the song was about "a moon with a machine gun".

Actually it doesn't seem quite to tenuous a choice at all now.

Also I have a bit of thing for Ian McCulloch. I think its the arrogance.

3 comments:

Slawek said...

Hi there,

I have a question about your other blog and I could not find your email so could you pleas reply to my email address.

Slawek

Slawek said...

My email is scepak [at] gmail com

Mellifluous Dark said...

I see what you mean, Sanddancer... how funny!

Ian M is so cool. What an amazing song, eh? Did you know he woke up with the words 'fate up against your will' in his head one day and crafted the rest of the song around them?