Thursday, January 03, 2008

News Just In: Law & Order London

I read in the London Lite paper tonight that ITV will be doing a UK version of Law & Order, set in London. It will have the imaginative title Law & Order London. Scripts from the original show will be reworked to suit the English legal system.

Now I love Law & Order and there is a severe lack of good UK crime shows at the moment so my initial thoughts were positive. But then I realised that this is ITV. Their idea of quality drama is rarely mine. Their dramas tend to use a small pool of actors, usually former soap stars. I'm picturing Robson Green and Ross Kemp as Logan and Briscoe, John Nettles as the prosecutor, perhaps assisted by Michelle Collins or Sarah Lancashire. This is not a good thing.

But perhaps I'm being harsh and it may turn out to be as good as Morse or Cracker. No dates have been given yet for when this is likely to come on as it seems to still be in development, but I'll await its arrival with interest.

No comments: