Thursday, January 03, 2008

Out with a Bang

I’m an infrequent watcher of the CSI franchises which may seem odd as they appear to be most other people’s favourite shows – CSI Miami is in fact the most watched programme in the world! But if there is nothing else on, I will watch a CSI in bed, more often than not falling asleep half way through.

But the other night I managed to watch a complete episode of CSI New York, the final episode of the season that was showing on Channel 5. What a season finale! There was a suspected gas leak in the offices of the CSI team but it turned out to be an elaborate plan by a drug gang to steal back their drugs and avenge the arrest of some of their men.

The baddies were led by a rather sexy Irishman (as is often the case in fiction – in reality I don’t think IRA supporters are normally that good-looking – Gerry Adams certainly isn’t). It was tense and exciting but all ended well with Mac being reunited with his woman and agreeing to go on holiday to London with her. As I don’t watch it very often I knew nothing of their relationship but was struck by her English accent which is that generic English accent that you only ever hear on American television or films – even if the actor is English, it is not how anyone here speaks.

Anyway, these gripes aside I did enjoy it and am looking forward to the next season.

No comments: